InsuPad® enables patients on intensive insulin therapy to take control of their disease and reach treatment targets in more efficient way. By gently warming the skin, it increases blood flow helping the body absorb insulin better and faster. The result: lower insulin dosage, less hypo – more freedom
- Worldwide, there are millions of diabetes patients treated with multiple daily injections therapy
- Less post-meal insulin needed
- Increased flexibility of injection timing
- Non-invasive, safe and simple to use
- Achieve HbA1c goal similar to Standard of Care
- Reduces the hypoglycemia event rate by 46%
- Reduces the required post-meal insulin dose by 28%
- Achieves treatment target with less hypo and less insulin
- Reduce post-meal glucose levels
- Safe and simple to use
The impact of the InsuPad® in daily life
In a randomized controlled study (Barmer Study) with 145 Type 1 and Type 2 subjects with a follow-up period of 4 months, the test group subjects using the InsuPad device reached therapeutic targets while experiencing significantly less hypoglycemic events, and while needing significantly less post-meal insulin.
Designed for type 1 and 2 diabetes, the InsuPad pack includes everything you need to start improving your daily life: Fenster, disposable injection window, control unit, charging base and power adaptor.
How it works
Assemble a fully charged control unit and a new Fenster, disposable injection window, together. Attach the InsuPad to the skin using the Fenster's adhesive. To inject, open the InsuPad, revealing a skin area; this is the injection area. Inject within the injection area. Once the InsuPad is closed, the warming process begins automatically and, after 50 minutes, it will switch off automatically. At the end of the day or when the control unit’s red light indicator is lit, remove the InsuPad from the skin and separate the Fenster, disposable injection window, from the control unit.