InsuLine Medical is developing two lines of products; the InsuPatch™ device for insulin pump users and the InsuPad™ device for injection users. Both devices use the same technology.
All the company's clinical studies so far were conducted with the first generation InsuPatch™ device, which was the first product to be developed.
The figure below provides additional details regarding the two product lines:
Insulin injection with InsuPad™
Consumer oriented designs
InsuPad™ includes 3 main parts:
- Disposable pad for one day use
- Rechargeable battery & electronics
- Optional Carrying Case
InsuPad™ - description of use:
- Patient connects electronics to disposable pad and places the pad on the skin
- Patient injects meal insulin through the opening in the pad
- Insupad™ is activated automatically with each injection to deliver heat and stop after few minutes
- Can be tailored to work with specific pen injector
- Patient removes InsuPad™ from the skin after 3-4 injections. Electronics is removed from the disposable pad and recharged. Disposable pad is disposed of normally
Use of InsuPatch™ Product
InsuPatch™ includes 2 parts:
- Disposable InsuPatch™ set for 3 days use (like regular set)
- InsuPatch™ pump adaptor that includes rechargeable battery & electronics
InsuPatch™ - description of use:
- Patient connects InsuPatch™ adaptor to the insulin pump- “snap in” connection.
- Patient inserts catheter of the set to into the skin & connects the other part of the set to the pump ( like used to do with any other set)
- Patient uses the pump like used to do – InsuPatch™ is activated automatically with every bolus infusion of the pump
- Patient replaces InsuPatch™ set and adaptor every 3 days. Set is disposed of, adaptor is recharged.